Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Skunky!




Well, this is the latest piece i have been working on. It's the final member of Team Wilderness, Skunky. No, she doesn't smell. But she does drop poisonous gas bombs! fun, fun. fun. I had a lot of fun working on this piece, even though i had some set-backs. ( i have a really hard time with backgrounds. I need help with that, advice?) But yeah, once i figured out what i wanted to do with it. I really want to incorporate more of these watercolor/gouache washes in the background of my art.

anyway, i started this piece with a really really aweful costume sketch. anyway, I drew a crude sketch and then elaborated. The the most fun for me
Ok, so after, that i did this sort of cheesy city-scape in bright purple gouache. not a very good color, but that's ok, that's what photoshop is for. I adjusted it to the red-ish black-ish watercolor looking thing that it i now. And so a hero is born! ha...kidding <3

1 comment:

  1. I really love the backgrounds you've been doing lately! They're very retro.

    ReplyDelete